Friday, August 10, 2007

Pruning the Crap

One thing I have noticed is that most poker blogs suck! There are some amazing ones out there, but for the most part, they suck! Why do they suck? Because they are mostly about how much or how little somebody won or lost last night. They are mostly about a hand history and some text about why Hero is great or Villain is terrible and most often about how Villain caught a river card against Hero. So very tiresome. It is boring because poker players are writing blogs for poker players who are playing poker constantly. Nothing in a hand history can be more compelling than the hand that a poker player can be currently playing.

A poker blog is good when it accomplishes something fresh. Give people information like Iggy does so well. Tell a great story that is more interesting than a hand history. Put some bit of poker wisdom down in a form that is more interesting to read than a computer generated hand history. If you are going to copy from an hand history, the hand history should tell a story. Don't post your bankroll. Don't post your bad beats. Try to tell someone something or convey a feeling or capture a moment.

Then I thought about why I stopped updating mine. The answer was obvious. My poker blog sucks too. Big time. Huge honking loads of sucking. Why? Because it is filled with all of the same crap I talk about above. Boring hand histories. Bragging about winning tournaments. Bad advice! All kinds of really stupid boring shit! I am a boring fuck! That simple.

So I cut it all out. Everything I thought was not worth the pixels it is printed on hit the trash. I am restarting. I am going to make posts that I think are worth reading if I make posts at all.

Below are all my previous posts that I thought were at least not the usual crap. Some are very good! Others are at least interesting. Otherwise, everything is gone. I will begin posting again as soon as something worth telling a story about comes up.

Regards

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seed, Kram here. You still playing? Was just thinking of the old clan and was seeing if you continued on with your poker progression.

Hit me up on my blog sometime!

Kram